Hydro Electric Coating Application
De-leading and painting the exterior of 352 Liner Feet (28,000 SF) of the Cutler Reservoir Flowline
- Mobilize crew and equipment
- Erect Scaffolding on 352’ of flowline
- Build SSPC Class 2A containment
- Remove lead-based paint using ADI Reclaim Machine, CAS certified employees, SSPC C-5 Lead competent supervisor
- Apply 1 coat of Zinc clad 4100
- Apply 1 coat of Sherloxane 800
- QC Testing
- Clean up and disposal of all Hazardous/Non-Hazardous Materials
- Demobilize Crew and Equipment
Our client needed to finish the flowline this year to maintain compliance with FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission). The previous coating was failing and falling from the pipe to the ground. In the affected areas, corrosion and metal loss were evident.
We worked with coating manufacturers to determine a coating that would work within the timeline and budget parameters for the job. We also planned the work to utilize our ADI reclaim machine. This machine assists in keeping the cost of materials down by more than 90% versus traditional sandblasting. Using this machine also helps reduce negative environmental impacts. Money is saved by eliminating waste as well. We were able to reduce 280,000 pounds of lead-contaminated debris to 20,000 pounds.
Mandros successfully met the client’s FERC compliance needs on budget and on time. We significantly reduced the impact on the environment by reducing the amount of waste produced as well. The project was completed safely and of high quality.